Thursday, June 27, 2013

A word to readers of the Wikipedia  

I added a link to this blog on the Energy Returned on Energy Invested page of the Wikipedia today.  It's too bad that the essential characteristics of ERoEI* (pronounced ER over EI star) are not gathered together on one page for the convenience of the reader.  I expect to remedy this defect very soon; but, I ask the reader to bear with me temporarily and read the individual posts until the concept is clear.  I believe I can handle all of the objections to ERoEI analysis one normally hears by enunciating three or four fundamental principles each of which will cover a multitude of sins.  The Principle of Substitution might be one such.  For example, if the energy product under analysis (Product A) cannot be delivered to a particular place at a given time, the total energy costs of supplying a substitute energy product must be added to the energy costs for Product A.  Many similar situations can be covered by substitution.

No comments :

Post a Comment