Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Addendum to Net Energy and ERoEI* in a Mark III Economy

 I should have given some more explanation for what is going on. The equation is scale invariant. Think of it as "per unit of emergy recovered". So, if there is no energy recovered and ERoEI* = 1.0, it means that the emergy of the output that was used was correct. If ERoEI* > 1.0, emergy of product should be reduced. If ERoEI* < 1.0, the process has an efficiency lower than the industrial standard. The accuracy of the computation is directly proportional to the percent of energy costs due to human effort. I have agreed that we can assume that the p(i, j) data is good enough as is the rest of it, but this is supposed to be an approximation, but it is an approximation of the right thing. It is not necessary to get highly accurate results to do good science.
I worked hard on https://www.eroei.net/emergyunit.html so I feel justified if the users have to work hard too. Transformity is just a little difficult.
I am writing this for you, but I think I will post it on RG. I wish my eroei.blogspot blog would become popular like Gail Tverberg's blog ourfiniteworld which is not much better and maybe a little worse. I do have trouble with the blogger html. I don't even know what the version number is.

No comments :

Post a Comment